http://www.greengemhealth.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/dairy-egg-wheat-nut-and-gluten-free-pumpkin-chocolate-chip-cookies.jpg 396 460 Rebecca Curtis http://www.greengemhealth.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/green-gem-logo.jpg Rebecca Curtis2011-07-23 01:49:192011-07-23 01:49:19Gluten-Free, Wheat-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe: Gluten-Free, Wheat-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Summary: Makes 36 Cookies
- 1 cup organic butter
- 6 Tbsp. mashed sweet potato, or 1 ripe banana, or 1 ripe mashed pear
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups coconut palm sugar
- 2 cups sprouted spelt or spelt flour
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oil, mashed fruit or sweet potato, salt, vanilla extract and coconut sugar. In another medium bowl, whisk together the flour, flax meal, baking soda and xanthan gum. Using a rubber spatula, carefully add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and stir until a grainy dough is formed. Gently fold in the chocolate chips just until they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Using a melon baller, scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing the portions 1 inch apart. Gently press each with the heel of your hand to help them spread. Bake the cookies on the center rack for 15 minutes, rotating the sheets 180 degrees after 9 minutes. The finished cookies will be crisp on the edges and soft in the center.
- Let the cookies stand on the sheets for 10 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack and cool completely before covering. Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Diet tags: Gluten free