Recipe: Easy Walnut Lentil Loaf
Summary: Adapted from Healing With Whole Foods by Paul Pitchford
- 2 cups lentils, cooked and drained
- ¼ onion, minced.
- 2 TBS olive oil
- ½ cup oat bran
- ½ cup manna bread, crumbled
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (or sunflower seeds)
- ½ tsp dried sage or thyme
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Sauté onion in olive oil until soft.
- Mix all ingredients well. Place in large oiled loaf pan.
- Cover. Bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover and cook 10 minutes.
add chopped cranberries. Goes nicely with chicken and sautéed greens.
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8